With version 2.1 of “Remote SDR”, it is possible to use your smartphone to monitor traffic on QO-100 and even transmit.
The principle of “Remote SDR” is to control a transceiver using a simple web browser. Nothing to install on your PC or Smartphone. The transceiver is made up of 2 SDRs (Software Defined Radio) driven by Orange Pi microcomputers (similar to Raspberry Pi) which perform signal processing and provide web pages. Technical details here :
The demo video
To be able to listen to its feedback, it is recommended to use headphones and a separate microphone. The HP and the microphone of the smartphone are not very compatible to avoid interference.
Wifi at home must work well, otherwise it’s like on Whatsapp or Skype, it cuts into slices.
It should be limited to local use. QO-100 regulations prohibit remote control of a station.
Remote operation of an amateur radio station via QO-100 is only permitted if the station belongs to the operator himself and is operated at his own location. He must always have full control over the station and in particular be able to switch it off immediately if, for example, interference occurs.
Either way, I recommend a transmitter security system as described here.
Posts on Remote-SDR V2
- Remote SDR V5 -Raspberry 4B or Orange Pi Image Installation
- Remote SDR v5 – Manual Installation
- Remote SDR v5
- QO-100 Live
- QO-100 Transceiver
- WSJT-X – FT8
- Omnirig – Remote SDR
- Communication Ports
- Tone generators
- Setting of GPIO outputs
- Band Scanning
- Gains and Dynamics
- Frequencies Management
- Launch of Remote SDR
- CPU Cooling
- Web GUI
- Microphone and signal processing authorization
- Introduction to Remote SDR
- Remote SDR – Audio Channels
- CW with Remote SDR
- Rotary Knob and Morse Manipulator for Remote SDR
- VHF and UHF NBFM Transceiver
- Remote SDR v4
- Gpredict — Remote SDR
- Remote SDR V4 – Raspberry Pi 4B or Orange Pi Zero 2 image installation
- Remote SDR v4 – Manual Installation
- SA818 – RTL-SDR
- Remote SDR – Examples of realization
- Transmit over QO-100 satellite with a Smartphone
- Remote SDR V2 – Software Architecture
- Remote SDR V1- Purchase
- Remote SDR V1 – Man Machine Interface
- Remote SDR V1 – Signal Processing
- Web Client to GNU Radio
- GNU Radio to Web client
- Remote SSB Transmitter
- Remote SSB Receiver
- GPIO on Orange PI One Plus H6
- TCXO installation on HackRF
- Q0-100 Transceiver with 2 SDR – Remote SDR V1