Many OM around the world have embarked on the realization of Remote SDR. Below are some examples.
Listening EME by BG0DXC / BG0AUB
Listening on 23cm. The low bandwidth required to transport signals over the network is appreciated with this remote station. Remote SDR is interfaced with WSJT-X which drives Doppler drift.
Realization of HA4BM from Hungary
Nice construction with an Orange Pi Zero 2 and an Adalm Pluto
Béla, HA4BM himself designed a box made with a 3D printer. The sources to achieve it are available here:
Realization of HB9DUG
Michel, HB9DUG has successfully ported a Raspberry 4 with 4GB of memory, Remote SDR. It is driving an Adalm-Pluto.
Since a version 2.4 exists and runs on a Raspberry Pi 4B with only 2GB of Ram memory. The procedure for installing an image is here: https://f1atb.fr/index.php/2021/09/05/remote-sdr-v2-raspberry-4b-image-installation/
The average CPU load rate is 33%, which is good.
Htop gives a load of 1.29 splitted on 4 cores which correspond roughly to 33%.
M0DQW – Techminds – Adalm-Pluto
Realization of F1ATB
The first realization of Remote SDR which allowed me to establish my first QSOs via the QO-100 satellite in May 2020.
It is an old PC box which serves as a 5V and 12v box and power supply for the whole. The processing processor is now, september 2021, Raspberry 4B – 2GB.
Realization of F1APY/F6KAT
Superb QO-100 transceiver with an RTL-SDR key, a HackRF One and 2 Orange Pi One Plus.
Give me pictures of your setups to publish them here.
Post on Remote SDR
- WSJT-X – FT8
- Omnirig – Remote SDR
- Communication Ports
- Tone generators
- Setting of GPIO outputs
- Band Scanning
- Gains and Dynamics
- Frequency drift compensation
- Launch of Remote SDR
- CPU Cooling
- Web GUI
- Microphone and signal processing authorization
- Introduction to Remote SDR
- Remote SDR – Audio Channels
- CW with Remote SDR
- Rotary Knob and Morse Manipulator for Remote SDR
- VHF and UHF NBFM Transceiver
- Remote SDR v4
- Gpredict — Remote SDR
- Remote SDR – Raspberry Pi 4B or Orange Pi Zero 2 image installation
- Remote SDR v4 – Manual Installation
- SA818 – RTL-SDR
- Remote SDR – Examples of realization
- Transmit over QO-100 satellite with a Smartphone
- Remote SDR V2 – Software Architecture
- Remote SDR V1- Purchase
- Remote SDR V1 – Man Machine Interface
- Remote SDR V1 – Signal Processing
- Web Client to GNU Radio
- GNU Radio to Web client
- Remote SSB Transmitter
- Remote SSB Receiver
- GPIO on Orange PI One Plus H6
- TCXO installation on HackRF
- Q0-100 Transceiver with 2 SDR – Remote SDR V1